We are delighted to announce that we are now accepting submissions for TAKE TWO of The Ten Mentorship Programme!
The programme is completely FREE and will run part-time across 12 months. Benefits of the initiative include:
- ACTING COACHING
- SELF TAPE SUPPORT
- INDUSTRY INTRODUCTIONS
- INDUSTRY Q&A's
- DRAMA THERAPY CHECK IN's
- PROFESSIONAL PRODUCED SHOWREEL
- You must be aged 18-25
- You must live anywhere in the United Kingdom of Great Britain.
- You should identify as being from an underrepresented background or marginalised group.
Please click here for more information.
- You are able to apply if you are currently represented by an acting agent. Please note however that priority will be given to those who do not have access to such opportunity.
- You are able to apply if you have attended Drama School. Please note however that priority will be given to those who have not received formal acting training.
Please email us at email@example.com with TAKE TWO in the subject field.
Please include either a written paragraph (300-500 words), a video message or voice message (max 3 minutes) answering the following questions:
- What is your Name?
- What is your age?
- What Pronouns do you use?
(e.g He/Him, She/Her, They/Them or other)
- Where you are currently based?
- Are you currently represented by an agent?
- What acting experience (if any) do you have?
- Why do you want to join The Ten? How would you benefit from our mentorship programme?
If you would like to attach a recent photo with your submission please feel free to do so but it is not a necessity.
If you have any further questions about your submission please don't hesitate to email us.
*** THE CLOSING DATE FOR SUBMISSIONS IS 6PM ON 1st DECEMBER 2023 ***
WHAT HAPPENS NEXT?
If we feel that you may be suitable for our Mentorship Programme this year we will invite you to attend an online meeting for an informal chat about yourself and the programme. These meetings will take place throughout December 2023 and January 2024.
In some circumstances, we may ask you to perform a short extract of a scene via a self tape but in this scenario, all details, instructions and materials would be provided in due course and time commitments carefully respected.
We are fully committed to replying to all submissions we receive.
A NOTE FROM US.
We are so excited to be here doing this all over again and we are thrilled to start this process of recruitment onto the programme.
The Ten would not exist if we ourselves didn't acknowledge the potential feeling of pressure behind any application or submission.
We want to say this...We hugely appreciate your submission. Due to the high level of interest in this scheme, we understand the possibility that if you are not successful this time around, it may feel like (yet another) missed opportunity. As with most auditions, this submission is not viewed by us as a reflection on you or your talents. There are many reasons why we may or may not choose to move forwards with a submission and we are looking to simply find the group of people for this particular cohort in line with our work plans for the years programme ahead and also with the ways we wish to promote equal opportunities. Please be encouraged by the fact that you are here reading this, meaning you are here trying...making the effort...being proactive in chasing your goals in this incredibly difficult industry.
We at The Ten believe wholeheartedly in this level of perseverance. We wish you all the very best and hopefully one day we can open this up to more people! If there are any of our wider opportunities at The Ten from which you could benefit - you are always most welcome to get in touch!
*If your email won't allow you to send a video file due to file size limits we suggest using free upload services such as wetransfer. These allow you to email greater sized files to us quickly and safely.
* The Mentorship programme is run by actor & writer Mark Weinman who is supported by invited industry professionals and associate artists. Any artist or performer invited to lead workshops will be asked to provide proof of a valid and up to date Enhanced DBS Certificate in line with our safeguarding and well-being policy measures for work with young adults.